There are a variety of opportunities for holiday shoppers, including stores, catalogs and the internet. Below are 6 Christmas Shopping tips that should:
Christmas Shopping Tip #1: Shop Early
If you’re heading out to the mall this year, have your shopping list ready. It’s a good idea to shop early in the season because, if you wait too long, that perfect gift may already be under someone else’s tree.
Christmas Shopping Tip #2: Be Polite
Always remember to be polite. The holidays are extremely busy and store employees are working overtime, so be patient as you wait for assistance.
Christmas Shopping Tip #3: Layaway
If you have a big list, but not quite a budget to match, consider a layaway. Many stores offer a convenient layaway plan, which would allow you to make payments up until Christmas. It saves you from having to charge up credit card bills or spend a lot of pocket money all at once, so consider a layaway if you have a big shopping list.
Christmas Shopping Tip #4: Shop Online
If you do decide to shop on the information superhighway this year, it will save you a lot of time standing in line at the mall. You can literally shop worldwide with the click of a button. Browse photos, compare prices, read customer reviews and see a huge variety of products without having to leave home. Best of all, in some cases, you won’t even have to pay sales tax on internet orders. Some stores offer free shipping, quantity discounts and all kids of other incentives to lure you into their site. In addition, several televised shopping networks have websites in which they offer an easy payment program on select items. This means that you make one payment, using a credit/debit card, and the product ships out to you immediately. The remaining payments are billed to your credit card, until the item is paid in full, for the specified number of months.
Christmas Shopping Tip #5: Place Your Catalog Orders Early
If you’re shopping from a catalog this year, be sure to place the order early. The most popular items sell out first, so get your order placed and on its way as soon as possible. There’s no need to wait for a catalog to arrive in the mail because you can log on to the internet and find many catalog companies online with product photos, descriptions, size charts and special ‘internet only’ sale prices.
Christmas Shopping Tip #6: Buy in Bulk
If you have a lot of people to buy for, and aren’t exactly certain of their taste, consider buying in bulk. You can purchase a nice package of scented candles, divide them up into multiple gifts and present them with a beautiful bow wrapped around the glass jar. These types of gifts are ideal if you have teachers, doctors, co-workers or other special people that you want to wish a Merry Christmas. Another terrific idea is to purchase small Christmas tins and several bags of assorted miniature candies. Divide the candies up into each tin and present them with a beautiful bow on top. These are ideal gifts because they are thoughtful, but also budget conscious. You can purchase a pre-designed tin similar to the one described, but you will get a much better deal if you make your own. As an added bonus, you get to decide which candy to include, which isn’t always the case with pre-packaged gifts.
It’s holiday time again and what should you get for him? He has everything, so what else could there possibly be? Don’t give up yet because there are plenty of unique ideas for the man who’s difficult to shop for.
Gift Idea For Him #1: Naming a Star in His Honor
If the man in your life is also a star in your eyes, let him know with the perfect Christmas gift idea. There are many online novelty stores, which offer star naming kits. For a set price, you can have a star named after the man in your life. The complete kits come with a certificate, a map so that he can locate his special star and other information about star naming and astronomy. You can also select a date in which the star was officially named. Maybe it’s an Anniversary or Birthday. Perhaps, it’s in honor of Christmas. The star naming service will imprint any date that you choose on the certificate. Many of the stores offer custom framing, or you can find a frame at a local department store. If he’s into astronomy, of just to let him know that you think he’s a star, this is a great gift. In addition, it’s unlikely that most people would already have a star named after them so this would be very original.
Gift Idea For Him #2: A Watch
If you want to let him know that you love it timeless, buy him a watch. It’s practical, thoughtful and carries a wonderful meaning. Slip a note inside the watch box, which reads “Time flies when I’m with you.” Gold watches are nice and they don’t always have to be expensive. Shop around at some of the online stores and browse their huge selection of watches.
Gift Idea For Him #3: Tools
If the gentleman in your life is also the home’s handyman, consider a toolkit. There are some terrific kits, which contain hundreds of items, which are available and make wonderful Christmas gift ideas. When searching for the perfect toolkit, keep in mind what he likes to do. If he prefers to build things, look for a kit with the tools necessary for building. If he likes to repair, look for a kit with a lot of fix-it tools and spare gadgets. You know what they say – busy hands are happy hands.
Gift Idea For Him #4: Unique Sports Items
If your guy is a sports nut, consider the ultimate unique gift. Log on to his favorite team’s website and read about any construction or new projects being built for use by the team. Many times, during construction of a new facility or building, the teams will sell customized bricks to help with financing of the project. You could purchase a brick used for construction, have it engraved with his name and present a certificate to let him know that he will forever be a part of his favorite sports team. If his favorite team is building a new stadium or other brick structure, the brick would be used and forever remain as part of the facility. Talk about a homerun, this will be it! A better Christmas gift idea, for a sports fan, would be difficult to find. If he’s a race fan, check out the Auto Racing Hall of Fame & Museum in North Carolina, where you can purchase actual race-used tires from some of NASCAR’s top drivers for less than $100.00, which includes the Certificate of Authenticity.
Gift Idea For Him #5: A Gift Card
If you’ve looked all around and still can’t find the perfect gift, consider a gift card. For the man that is truly impossible to shop for, let him do the shopping for himself. Gift cards are great because they give the recipient an opportunity to buy anything in the store, as determined by the value of the gift card, without spending a dime.
It’s almost Valentine’s Day and you have no idea how to show your love for your special girl. Don’t worry: here are several ideas you can use now, and be a hero.
1. Roses! I know what you are thinking: boring, thoughtless, not good enough, etc. Well, here is a way to make giving roses very special: buy her a dozen roses and place a pearl inside each rose bud. As the rose buds open, the pearls will be revealed as an extra surprise. Once she finds all your pearls, take them to the jewelry store and have them strung into a necklace – something your true love will be able to hold onto once the roses are gone.
2. Say “I love you” for 12 entire months with a coupon book filled with favors that she can redeem throughout the year. Choose a different favor for each month of the year that she can redeem on any day of the month. Here are some suggestions: a foot massage, a back rub, cleaning up after dinner, a night out alone, etc.
3. Hershey’s Kisses automatically say, “I Love You”. Try a new twist to this traditional gift by carefully unwrapping each kiss, taking out the paper tag, and replacing the tag with your own handmade messages that start off by saying, “I love you because…”. Think of as many different reasons as you can come up with. Then carefully wrap the kisses back in foil with their new tags clearly displayed through the top of each kiss.
4. A romantic night at home – Purchase the dozen roses you are accustomed to buying on Valentine’s Day, but do not give them to her on the stems. Instead, create a romantic atmosphere by running her a hot bubble bath complete with candlelight, soft love songs, and fragrant bath oil. While she is enjoying her relaxing bath, gently pull the rose petals off of the stems and sprinkle them from the bathroom door to the bedroom, creating a path for her to follow. Sprinkle several petals on the bed and one long stem rose on her pillow. Enhance the magical night by purchasing some exotic massage oil and treating her to a massage she will never forget!
5. If funds are sparse, instead of a traditional expensive dinner in a restaurant, take her somewhere she will never suspect. Pack a picnic basket filled with her favorite treats, a bottle of wine, and candles. Take along a couple of blankets, a battery-operated CD player, and several romantic CDs. Drive to the park or somewhere with a secluded atmosphere and treat her to a picnic for two. Before the night is over, surprise her with a small token of your love – something you have made for her on your own (a special Valentine’s Day card, a bookmark, a coupon book, etc.)
Now pick an idea and run with it! Have a fabulous Valentine’s Day!